Skip Navigation
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina Show Links
Next Previous

North Charleston Sewer District

Safeguarding today, preserving tomorrow

On behalf of the Commission and Staff of the North Charleston Sewer District, thank you for taking the time to visit our website.  We hope you find all the information you are looking for and we welcome your feedback.  If you require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us at (843) 764-3072.  We look forward to serving your sewer needs.

New Look, New Web Address

Welcome to the new site for North Charleston Sewer District!  In addition to this new look, please note our new address on the web:  We're still the same organization with the same deep commitment to community and service.  If you can't find what you're looking for on the new site, you can still visit the old site (for a while).  And if you have comments about any of these changes, please contact the webmaster.

Obtaining Sewer Service

Existing Buildings (with existing service)
  • Residential and Small Business located within Charleston County from Mount Pleasant Street (in the Neck area) north to the Berkeley and Dorchester County lines need to contact our billing agent, Charleston Water Systems, to sign up for sewer services.  You may reach their offices by calling 843-727-6800.  There is an initial one time, non-refundable charge of $30.
  • Well Water and Industrial Customers need to complete a Customer Information Form. This form needs to be submitted to our office either by fax, mail or hand delivery.  Our fax number is (843) 764-2651. There is an initial one time, non-refundable charge of $30. A change in dwelling use may require additional permit fees, grease traps and/or pretreatment charges.
  • Repairing or Replacing your existing sewer systems requires a re-inspection permit (no charge). The permit may be obtained by visiting our office located at 7225 Stall Road, North Charleston. Our standard specifications apply to your repairs.
New Construction
  • New sewer service may be obtained by completing an Availability Request Form. This form needs to be submitted to our office either by fax, mail or hand delivery. 
Food Service Establishments
  • Food Service Establishments are required to install a grease trap.  Grease Trap Applications need to be completed and sent to our office by fax, mail, or hand delivery.
  • Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm
  • For emergency service outside of office hours call (843) 764-3072